Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Worst!

Man, I do not need this.  Seriously.  I was talking to Liz a few nights ago about how for the first time all year, the beer drinking has seemed a little like work.  I mean obviously this is all relative, because beer drinking is never actually work, but with my school/work/job application stuff in full swing, finding time for three beers a day gets a little tricky.  And now?  I'm sick!!!!  This is total and utter BS.  So far the cold has forced me to have a completely beer-free night (Monday) and a one beer night (a Cooper's Lager) last night (Tuesday).  If you recall, I have to drink about 3.1 beers a day to keep on my December 19th goal.  One beer over two days just ain't gonna cut it.  The worst part is that I'm still a little sick here.  I may take another full night off here just to get myself 100% healthy.  I can't be sick next week because I have finals. I can't be sick now because I need to work on the numbers.  Everything about this is just the worst!  Also, I've already committed to the December 19th date, so there's no going back from that.  I have a feeling that the days leading up to that are going to be rife with beer drinking.  Anyway, here's the beer drinking I have done since we last chatted:

Saturday: Had a Troeg's Java Head Stout in the afternoon.  Later that night we had a party at our place where I had a Redbridge Gluten-free Beer (pretty gross, I thought about not counting it but it did say beer on there and there was some alcohol in it), a Roscoe's Hop House Pale Ale, and 3 cans of Schafer's.  Liz will tell you all about Schafer's later.

Sunday: Young's Double Chocolate Stout, Brooklyn Pennant, and a Golden Pheasant Pilsner (side note, I'm pretty sure the Golden Pheasant gave me a cold.  I felt 100% prior to drinking it, and then 3 hours later I woke up in the middle of the night and felt like I was swallowing razors.  Damn you Slovakia!)

Monday: Again, nothing.

Last night: One lonely (and kinda gross) Cooper's Lager.

Total Beers: 969

31 beers to drink and 11 days to do it in.  Even if I skip today, I think I should still be able to do this.  Again, next Thursday through Sunday should be pretty intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment