Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Listen to this Engine Whine

It was the death of six pack Sunday.  I mean not really.  I just had work to do during the day so I couldn't down my customary three beers while watching football.  Doing work on Sundays is the worst.  Instead, my drinking was limited to splitting a growler of Brooklyn's Cuvee Noire with Liz at night (poured three for me!).  It's really good.  Liz is going to write up a review for it as soon as I tell her to, which is right now!  So get to writing Liz-o!

Since Sunday wasn't Six Pack-ified, Monday didn't require the customary detoxification.  I intended to have three beers, but only had two.  When I say intended to, it means I pulled three beers out of my fridge, except only two were actual beers.  The third?  Einbecker Brauherren NON-ALCOHOLIC MALT BEVERAGE!  Those bastards at the Park Slope Food Co-op thought they could slip in a non-alcoholic beverage without me noticing?  Well those moms have another thing coming!  I can't tell you how upset I was over this.  I didn't notice that it wasn't a beer until I pulled it out of the fridge.  Worse?  It was the only "beer" in the fridge at the time!  The other ones weren't cold in the slightest, so after receiving the insult of being sold a non-alcoholic "beer," I had to wait until I could drink an actual beer!  But, BUT, did I drink the Einbecker?  Well, I tried.  I always wondered what the NA beer tasted like, and I really did keep an open mind to liking it, but man, it was disgusting.  Later I drank a Brooklyn Octoberfest and a Wells Bombardier.

Speaking of Wells Bombardier, last night (Tuesday) at James in Prospect Heights, Liz paid 9 dollars for one!  I mean they're super good, but 9 bucks?  Let's be real.  Also, at James I had Lagunitas IPA for a somewhat reasonable 6 dollars.  At home I had a Reissdorf Kolsch (in my kolsch glasses again, chumps) and a Leipziger Gose.   I did that while watching re-runs of the office which, all in all, was a better option than my original plan for the evening which was, after spending almost 12 hours doing law school related nonsense, going home and putting my head in the oven.  Hey, did you know that I like beer?  Seriously though, I can't emphasize this enough, I like doing things that I like doing, and drinking a beer is towards the top of that list.  Seriously.  What's the point of going through life just doing things you hate to do because you have to do them?  Eventually I write a whole coherent (not likely) post about all of this, but for now, this'll do.



Total Beers: 869
Where I Should Be: 838.356

No comments:

Post a Comment