Sunday, March 7, 2010

200 (and 2) Down

We've hit our second big milestone! 200 beers! We did it! 1/5 of the way there. While there wasn't much fanfare to this milestone, there was at least more than the 100th beer. Last night my friends' band had a record release show at the Bowery Ballroom. We had dinner with the guys before the show and then I drank my 200th beer backstage in their dressing room, which was pretty cool. Cassie Ramone from the Vivian Girls told me I should get a tattoo to commemorate the beer, so that was also pretty cool. All said, it was a pretty momentous night for all of us. They were headlining a sold out show at a major venue to celebrate the release of their second record before they begin a world-wide tour. I drank my 200th beer in a quest that about 4 people are following online. They're being profiled in Spin, Rolling Stone, and the New York Times. I have four followers on facebook that I don't personally know. We all shared an apartment in college and it's great to see that we all achieved great things in life. I had four Blue Point Lagers throughout the course of the 6 hour show (it was crazy long). I only got 3, but my wife didn't want her last beer so I stepped up to the plate, any good husband/beer drinker would do. Tonight is Sunday and, I know I say this every week, but I think I'm taking tonight off. But as always, we'll see.

Total Beers: 202
Where I Should Be: 178.082

No comments:

Post a Comment