Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hard Sci-Fi

I was talking to Liz the other day about how about 1/3 of my life is "excused time."  Don't you mean that 1/3 of your life is made up of excuses?  Nope.  It's excused time.  For instance, I can't go to the gym for that hour because I just worked 8 hours and still have chores to do around the apartment.  That's not excuse for not going to the gym, it's just that my not going to the gym is excused.  Likewise for not eating healthy on vacation.  I am on vacation, so I am excused from eating healthy.  All of this is to say that my "updating this blog" time happens to fall under excused time.  I can't update at work, obviously.  I have to eat and sleep and all that good stuff.  Add on top that that I am at my job applying apex which means writing cover letter after cover letter.  It's not that these are excuses, it's just that I feel that my work/sleep/job application schedule excuses my posting daily.  So thank you for your time and consideration.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at any time at...you get the gist.  Excused.  To the beer drinking!

The Fourth of July!  What a holiday!  I feel like my "what should Obama send?" post would aptly fit here. Liz and I had planned a glorious day time outing to the new Brooklyn Bridge Park, but it was oppressively hot outside so we stayed in and split a growler.  Works for me!  We split a growler Two Brothers Long Haul Session Ale (side story here, when we went to go fill the growlers, I wanted to get the Two Brothers Belgian Tripel, but miss "I hate high ABV beers but get mad when people question my beer credentials" said no.  What's her deal?).  Sessions are generally pretty light, low ABV, drinkable beers.  This one fit the latter two descriptions but was weirdly dark and kind of syrupy.  I asked Liz if she wished we would have gotten the Tripel.  She said no but I think she was lying.  That evening we went to my friends roof for the normal watching July 4th fireworks shenanigans were I drank three Yuengling Lagers.  Huzzah!

Monday I had one Blue Point Toasted Lager on the couch while watching Party Down on Netflix.  Double Huzzah!  See you when I next drink a beer!

Total Beers: 543
Where I Should Be: 509.589

No comments:

Post a Comment