Sunday, February 7, 2010

100 (and two) Beers Down!

We did it! Or more appropriately, I did it! Thanks for nothing jerks! I'm just kidding. You guys are the ones who get me through this. If it weren't for pretending I have readers following my quest on pins and needles, well, I probably would be doing this anyway, but imaginary (and hopefully real) readers give me an excuse to tell the ol' wife why I have to keep doing this, so thanks!

As promised, last night I drank a Bethlehem Brew Work's Rude Elf Special Reserve for my 100th beer to little fan fare. I was working on finishing my note and Liz is sick, so I'll save the big party for my 200th beer I guess. Also as promised, it got me nice and housed. 25.4 oz of near 11% ABV beer will do that. Not to fall behind schedule, I also drank a Brooklyn Lager and a Brooklyn Pennant Ale, which contributed to the aforementioned housing.

I would like to take the time now to reflect on my first 100 beers.




Ok, now that I'm done reflecting, I'll just say this. It wasn't the easiest thing in the world, but it wasn't the most difficult either. I know it will more difficult in the future, but so far I am encouraged. I think the best part is that I don't feel any worse for the wear. I haven't had any weight gain. I haven't felt sluggish. I haven't gotten behind on work. I haven't been arrested. So far so good! Here's hoping the next 100 go just as well.

Total Beers: 102
Where I Should be: 101.369

No comments:

Post a Comment